Thursday 19 May 2011

Studio

Today we went into the studio for the first time. I have never used a professional studio before, therefore had no idea about the equipment we were using, such as lights, soft boxes and light meters. Throughout the session, I can honestly say I had no idea what I was doing, and had very little understanding on where to place the light, how to set it up, and I also still didn't know how to use the camera properly. We all divided into small groups, which I thought was very helpful, as the people I was working with have had worked in a studio before, so I didn't feel as lost and confused, as I would working on my own.


This is one of the photos I took during our session. You can clearly see, that I didn't really know how to use the equipment properly, as the image is over exposed.









The next day, we went back to the studio to practice some product photography. This was my second time working in the studio, but I definitely felt more confident than last time. I will surely get better, once I work in there for a couple of times, and get to know how to use all the equipment properly.

This is one of the photographs I took during that session. I know it still isn't perfect, but it is surely better than the images I took on our first session in the studio. I feel that I am getting better every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment